🠈 KSL Capital 🠊
KSL Capital is a Denver based private equity firm led by Michael Shannon and Eric Resnick that specializes in recreational properties. East West Partners is an affiliate of KSL engaged in real estate investments.
It appears that the company was part of Kohlberg Kravis and Roberts. However, I could not find good information on the relation between the two firms. Many of the larger deals of the firm are still made in conjunction with KKR.
- 2006: KSL acquired Dallas based ClubCorp which owned 170 golf clubs for $1.8 billion.
History of ClubCorp
- 1957: Robert H. Dedman Sr. founded ClubCorp in Dallas.
- 1960: ClubCorp opened Brookhaven Country Club.
- 1966: ClubCorp opened The Lancers Club in Dallas.
- 1968: ClubCorp opened The University Club in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1974: ClubCorp opened the The Metropolitan Club in Chicago's Sears Tower.
- 1981: ClubCorp acquired Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio. The club was established by Harvey Firestone in 1929.
- 1984: ClubCorp acquired Pinehurst Resort and Country Club in Pinehurst, NC for $16m.
- 1993: ClubCorp became a co-owner and manager of The Homestead and Barton Creek Resort & Spa.
- 1994: ClubCorp opened Capital Club in Beijing.
- 1996: ClubCorp opened Tower Club in Singapore.
- 1998: ClubCorp opened Boston College Club and University of Texas Club.
- 1999: ClubCorp purchased 16 golf and country clubs from Cobblestone Golf Group.
- 2016: KSL sold its shares in Whistler to Vail Resorts.
- 2015: KSL sold Malmaison to the UK based Fraser Hospitality.
Miraval Resort is located in Tucson. It has expand with locations in
- 1995: Miraval Resort opened its first resort in Tucson.
- 2014: Miraval acquired ESPA which creates skin care products.
- 2017: The Hut Group acquired ESPA.
- 2017: Hyatt Hotels acquired Miraval.
- 1947: Roy and Estelle Kelley opened their first hotel.
- 1963: Kelley bought the old Outrigger Canoe Club from the Hawaiian Queen Consort Emma Kalanikaumakaʻamano Kaleleonālani Naʻea Rooke.
- 1967: Kelley built the Outrigger Waikiki and began developing the brand.
- 1982: Outrigger acquired the Prince Kuhio Hotel and entered the luxury hotel market.
- 1986: room count topped 7,000.
- 1989: Outrigger acquired the Royal Waikoloan Hotel.
- 1993: Outrigger acquired the >Kauai Hilton renamed to Outrigger Kauai Beach.
- 1996: Outrigger expanded internationally with the Outrigger Marshall Islands Resort.
- 1999: Outrigger sold its three star properties to OHANA Hotels and Resorts to concentrate on five star hotels.
- Business Wire = KSL Acquires ClubCorp (Drawn 5/11/2019)
- Wikipedia - ClubCorp (Drawn 5/12/2019)
- Wikipedia - Outrigger Hotels (Drawn 5/15/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next