🠈 DaVita Inc. 🠊
DaVita Inc. is Denver based medical firm that operates a nationwide network with over 2500 kidney dialysis clinics. The company's headquarters are in Denver. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol: DVA.
Kidney disease is often the result of poor diets. This video talks about the Kidney Smart education program which helps educate current patients on ways to improve diet. The Kidney Fund says that high blood pressure and diabetes contribute to the disease. So a diet with less salt, less sugar and more exercise can help.
This section shows the corporate history of DaVita. The company attempted to expand beyond renal care and began buying general clinics. They were hit with several lawsuits related to the clinics and sold the division to UnitedHealth.
- 1979: National Medical Enterprises, Inc. created the subsidiary Medical Ambulatory Care, Inc..
- 1994: DLJ Merchant Banking Partners acquired 70% of the firm in a leveraged buyout for $75.5 million,
- Company changed its name to Total Renal Care Holdings, Inc..
- 1995: Total Renal Care raised $107 million in an IPO.
- Company acquired Renal Treatment Centers for $1.3 billion in stock.
- The stock price fell 71% as the merger went poorly.
- 2000: The company sold its non-U.S. operations.
- 2000: Company changed its name to DaVita Inc.
- 2005: DaVita acquired Gambro Healthcare.
- 2011: Berkshire Hathaway began investing in the firm to become the largest shareholder.
- 2012: DaVita acquired Healthcare Partners for $4.42 billion.
- 2014: DaVita acquired Health Partners based in Colorado Springs. It had 600 employees and 110,000 patients.
- 2014: DaVita paid $350 million to settle claims that it provided illegal kickbacks to doctors.
- 2015: DaVita paid $450 million to settle allegations of fraudulent billing to Federal Government.
- 2016: DaVita acquired The Everett Clinic Medical Group. This 20-site physicians practice had 315,000 patients in the Seattle area, for $385 million.
- 2016: DaVita combined Healthcare Partners, Health Partners and Everett into a division called DaVita Medical Group.
- 2017: DaVita Medical Group acquired WellHealth Quality Care.
- 2018: DaVita Medical Group paid $270 million to settle an alleged violation for the False Claims Act related to Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2019: UnitedHealth Group acquired the subsidiary DaVita Medical Group for $4.3 billion.
- Wikipedia - DaVita (Drawn 9/28/2019)
- Apache County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Gila County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Navajo County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Phoenix Color - Doctors & Clinics: DaVita Inc.
- Pima County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Santa Cruz County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Yavapai County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Yuma County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Boulder Color - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Denver Color - Clinics / Physicians: DaVita Inc.
- Durango Colorado - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Fort Collins Color - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Grand Junction - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Davis County - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Ogden, Utah - Health: DaVita Inc.
- Provo Utah - Health: DaVita Inc.
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next