🠈 Global Medical Response 🠊
Global Medical Response
Global Medical Response is a health care company offering air ambulatory resources across the country.
The company was created by the merger of American Medical Response of Greenwood Village, CO and Air Medical Group Holdings based in Lewisville, TX. The press release for the merger did not say which city will be the headquarters for the new entity.
The current company was created by KKR which acquired AMGH then merged it with AMR; So I will start with AMGH.
- 2004: Brockman acquired Air Evac Lifeteam which was established in 1985 in Missouri.
- ???? Brockway Moran & Partners Inc. formed partnership with MVP Capital Partners to createe Air Medical Group Holdings AMGH.
- 2006: AMGH acquired TJ Holding Company which owned Med-Trans Corporation which had 17 Bell Helicopters and offices in Bismarck, ND and Tucson, Az.
- 2009: AMGH acquired EagleMed based in Oklahoma
- 2010: Bain Capital acquired AMGH in a deal estimated at $1 billion.
- 2015: Kohlberg, Kravis and Roberts acquired AMGH in a deal estimated at $2 billion.
- 2017: KKR acquired AMR.
History of American Medical Response
In 1991 Paul Verrochi started with the dream that he could roll up the small private ambulance companies into a single monolith that dominated the market as was done by Waste Management.
- 1991: American Medical Response started with the mergers of Regional Ambulance and Vanguard Ambulance of California with Buck Ambulance in Portland.
- 1997: Laidlaw acquired AMR for $1.12 billion.
- 1999: Laidlaw acquired Greyhound.
- 2001: Laidlaw filed chapter 11.
- 2004: Onex bought AMR and EmCare from Laidlaw for $980 million.
- 2005: Onex combined American Medical Response with EmCare to create Emergency Medical Services Corporation (EMSC) with headquarters in Denver.
- 2005: Onex held an IPO for 19.5% of the company in which they hoped to raise $117 million.
- 2013 the private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice acquired EMS for $2.9 billion and assumption of $300 million in debt.
- 2017: CDR changes name of company to Envision Healthcare Corporation.
- 2017: CDR held IPO for Envision with symbol EVHC.
- 2017: Envision sold AMR to KKR.
- 2018; EVHC merged with AmSurg Corp. AMSG which provided physician and ambulatory services.
- 2018: The combined company changed its name to Global Medical Response.
- Aviation Week - Air Evac Lifeteam Acquisition (Drawn 9/26/2018)
- Vertical Magazine - AMHG Med Trans Merger (Drawn 9/26/2018)
- NY Times - Two Deals Set by Laidlaw (Drawn 9/26/2018)
- Businesswire - Onex to Acquire to Health Services Companies (Drawn 9/26/2018)
- Business Wire - Onex Subsidiary Prices IPO (Drawn 9/26/2018)
- Reuters - Envision Health Care Files IPO (Drawn 9/26/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next