<== Site of the Week for 2019-09-12 ==>
Advanced Circuits is a full service PCB board manufacturer based in Denver.
Funding Universe has an interesting article on the first three decades of the firm, showing the difficulty of maintaining a vibrant electronics firm in the fast paced electronics age.
This video introduces the company.
This section shows select corporate events.
- 1979: Company was founded as Seiko Circuits.
- 1989: Ron Huston and Paul Bustabade bought the company that was failing to produce PCB circuit boards.
- Asian manufacturers capture most of the PCB market; so they concentrated on prototypes and fast turn around.
- 2003: The company launched a web based product called FreeDFM which included a guaranteed turnaround time.
- 2006: Compass Diversified Holdings acquired a majority interest in Advanced Circuits.
- 2009: Advanced Circuits acquired Circuit Board Express based in 1993 Haverhill, Ma.
- 2010: Advanced Circuits acquired Circuit Express based in in Tempe, Az.
- 2012: Advanced Circuits acquired Universal Circuits based in Maple Grove, Mn. (reference).
- 2015: Advanced Circuits acquired Coastal Circuits based in Redwood City, Ca (reference)