Denver Color: History
The history directory lists web sites and web pages concerned with history. If you are from the Denver Metro area and have a web site concerned with History, please add your site. If you're Denver area web site has a history page, feel free to add a link to that as well.
- Fold3 - Colorado Military Records (*)
Access a massive database of historical Colorado military records.
- Telecommunications History Group, Inc. (www.telcomhistory.org) - review
The Telecommunications History Group (THG) maintains and operates one of the nation's largest privately held telecommunications archives.
- Colorado Historical Society (www.coloradohistory.org) - review
Founded in 1879, the Colorado Historical Society brings the unique character of Colorado's past to the public through historical museums, highway markers, exhibitions, manuscripts, and photograph collections, publications, preservation services, and educa
- Association of Professional Genealogists (www.apgen.org)
Organization dedicated to researching family histories.
- Colorado Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (www.historycolorado.org) - review
OAHP Colorado helps identify, protect, and preserve the State's cultural resources and helps foster widespread appreciation of and respect for Colorado's cultural heritage.
- Colorado Archaeological Society (www.coloradoarchaeology.org)
Organization interested in the archealogical research and preservation of archealogical sites.
- Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy (www.hispanicgen.org)
CSHG promotes genealogical and historical research and education to expand the awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of Hispanic culture, history, and traditions.
- Colorado Preservation, Inc. (www.coloradopreservation.org) - review
A non-profit interested in historic preservation.
- Colorado Historical Foundation (www.cohf.org)
The Colorado Historical Foundation is a private nonprofit organization that was established in 1965 to support history and preservation projects.
- Golden Landmarks Association (www.goldenlandmarks.com)
Site interested in the presrvation of landmarks in Golden, Colorado.
- Colorado Biohistory (www.coloradolifescience.com)
This page provides a brief history of bioscience in the state of Colorado.
- Western History Genealogy (history.denverlibrary.org)
A site by the Denver Public Library with pages on the area history and genealogy.
- Death Indexes (www.deathindexes.com)
Site offers an online index of Death Records and obituaries.
- Alias Soapy Smith (soapysmith.net)
Soapy Smith was a conman of the old west from Denver to The Skagway.
- Historic Denver (www.historicdenver.org)
Historic Denver seeks to preserve historic buildings in the Denver area.
- Daughters of the American Revolution | Denver Chapter (www.denverchapterdar.org)
Site has information about the Denver Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Blue Spruce Chapter (www.bluesprucedar.com)
The Blue Spruce Chapter of the Daughter of the American Revolution is located in Lakewood.
- Mount Rosa Chapter - DAR (mountrosa.coloradodar.org)
The Mount Rosa Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution is located in Littleton.
- Doctor Susan Anderson Chapter of NSDAR (doctorsusananderson.org)
The Doctor Susan Anderson Chapter NSDAR is a chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution organized in 2008 headquartered in Arvada.
- Piney Creek NSDAR (pineycreek.coloradodar.org)
The Piney Creek Chapter of NSDAR is a chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution headquartered in Centennial, Colorado.
- Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (www.coloradohistoricnewspapers.org)
A service of the Colorado State Library, the Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) currently includes more than 1,100,000 digitized pages, representing more than 220 individual newspaper titles published in Colorado primarily from 1859 to 1923.
Category Hits 6180
*This is an affiliate link.