Denver Color: Arts
Quite frankly, I do not know how it is possible to live in the mountain west without being overcome with the desire to create art. There are, of course, many web sites about arts on the front range. This subdirectory has links to Denver art groups. The various subdirectories contain sites that deal with specific arts.
- Medieval Wall Tapestry (*) - review
Polycoat, LLC offers wall tapestries. The selection includes Medieval, Renaissance, Romantic, Oriental, Religious, Floral, Ornamental and kids designs. You will also find tapestry maps and throws. They can make any photo a tapestry.
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts (www.denvercenter.org)
A showcase for live theatre, the Center includes the Denver Center Theatre Company and Denver Center Productions. The site includes online editions of applause magazine.
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival (www.cherryarts.org) - review
Cherry Creek Arts Festival takes place in June.
- Lakewood Arts Council (www.lakewoodartscouncil.org)
Lakewood Arts Council is a non-profit arts organization that promotes and supports the local arts including theatre, music, dance, visual arts, and literature.
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities (www.arvadacenter.org)
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities: Award-winning Theater, Concerts and Education
- Mountainside Art Guild (www.mtnsideartguild.org)
Mountainside Art Guild in Lakewood promotes artistic endeavors of visual fine artists. Visual fine art includes original painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, etc.
- Foothills Art Center (www.foothillsartcenter.org)
Located in Golden, The Foothills Art Center promotes arts through exhibitions, education and community involvement.
- Art Students League of Denver (www.asld.org)
The Art Students League of Denver provides an enriching and creative environment for artistic expression through dialogue, instruction and active learning for students of all ages and abilities, facilitated by nationally recognized artists.
- Pastel Society of Colorado (www.pastelsocietyofcolorado.org)
Promoting the art of pastel.
- Yessy (www.yessy.com) - review
Yessy is on online art community that lets you browse, buy and sell art. The site has tools for creating a gallery of your favority art images.
- Golden Fine Arts Festival (www.goldenfineartsfestival.org)
The Golden Fine Arts Festival takes place in August.
- Downtown Denver Arts Festival (www.downtowndenverartsfestival.com)
The Downtown Denver Arts Festival takes place over Memorial Day Weekend.
- Colorado Artists Guild (www.coloradoartistsguild.org)
The Colorado Artists Guild promotes professional quality and original work in local artists.
- Chicano Humanities and Arts Council (www.chacweb.org)
CHAC promotes local artists and appreciation of the Latino culture in Denver.
- Denver Arts Week (www.denverartsweek.com) - review
A celebration of the Denver Art Scene taking place in October.
- Rocky Mountain Arts Association (rmarts.org)
RMAA supports arts in the Denver Metro area.
- Think360 arts (think360arts.org) - review
Think 360 Arts promotes arts education. The program was formed by the merge of Young Audience of Colorado and Colorado Alliance for Arts Education.
- The Mizel Arts & Culture Center (www.maccjcc.org)
MACC is one of the Rocky Mountain regionâ€™s premier arts organizations. Located on the campus of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center
- Arts Street (www.arts-street.org)
Arts Street cultivates under-served youth with the power of Art.
- Denver Chalk Art Festival on Larimer Square (denverchalkart.com)
A two day festival in June brings chalk art to the sidewalks of Larimer Square.
- Paletteers Art Club (www.paletteers.com)
The Paletteers Art Club, Inc. was formed on 1961 by a group of five local artists who met on a regular basis for painting sessions in Thornton. The group exhibits at Art Gallery 3698 at 3698 West 72nd Aven in Westminster.
- Daily Painters Of Colorado (dailypaintersofcolorado.blogspot.com)
Daily Painters is a blog promoting Colorado Artists.
- Painting Soiree (www.paintingsoiree.net)
Painting Soir&eagrave;e invites people to painting classes with Tabetha Landt at her Santa Fe street studio.
- Colorado Calligraphers Guild (coloradocalligraphers.com)
The Colorado Calligraphers' Guild was formed to promote the study, practice and appreciation of calligraphy in all its historical and present day applications, to encourage individual excellence and foster a deeper understanding of calligraphy.
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival (cherrycreekartsfestival.org)
The Cherry Creek Arts Festival takes place on the Fourth of July Weekend.
- Denver Art Society Cooperative (coop.denverartsociety.org)
The mission of Denver Art Society Cooperative is to collectively host a creative community where people of all ages can view, learn, and exhibit local art in all forms.
- Colorado Creative Industries (coloradocreativeindustries.org)
Colorado Creative Industries' vision is to support and expand the impact of creative industries, artists and entrepreneurs, connecting communities to advance a thriving and vibrant Colorado.
- Denver Public Art University (www.dpau.org)
DPAU schools are community-run local organizations who teach the arts to students of all ages. DPAU currently has one school:
Category Hits 11564
*This is an affiliate link.