🠈 Chipotle Mexican Grill 🠊
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill is a restaurant chain established by Steve Ells in 1993. The chain is named for the Chipotle Pepper, a dried and smoked jalepeno pepper.
The first Chipolte was located in a Dolly Madison Ice Cream Store near the University of Denver. The company aspired to sell 107 burritos a day, but was soon selling over a thousand and began expanding.
McDonald's bought an interest in the company in 2001 and helped the franchise expand to over 500 units by 2005. The company went public in 2006 on the NYSE with the symbol CMG. McDonald's divested from the company after the IPO.
According to Wikipedia (drawn 10/2013) The chain has grown to over 1500 locations in 45 states. Wikipedia warns that many items on the menu are unusually high in calories.
The Chipotle Restaurants are usually designed with corrugated metal signage and exposed duct work. Each store is designed with a slightly different style to fit the area served.
- Boulder Color - Fast Foods: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Colorado Springs Color - Fast Food: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Denver Color - Mexican: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Fort Collins Color - Fast Foods: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Grand Junction - Fast Food: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Pueblo Color - Dining: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Salt Lake Sites - Mexican: Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Dining: Chipotle Mexican Grill
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next